Oat, Cranberry and Chocolate Chewy Protein Bars

Happy Spring! 

It's finally here and it just makes me so happy.  We've been going through some weird weather spurt of super nice weather, and then rain and lowering into the 50's. Which is brutal when all you want is want sunshine!

Moving on...I've been limited on time...majorly! I'm wrapping up my Spring Semester of school (2 days left to be exact) and it has been the hardest semester so far.  My stress level has skyrocketed and I've had no extra time to live my life! BUT, I did find an hour somewhere to whip up some delicious protein bars.  I used a couple of different recipes I've been eyeing and produced my own.  So, I present to you...

Oat, Cranberry and Chocolate Chewy Protein Bars.


What you will need:
2 cups gluten free oats
1 cup sunflower butter (You could use almond butter or peanut butter)
1/2 cup agave
1 cup dark chocolate chips 
1 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup flaxseed
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 cup vanilla protein powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

What you need to do: It's really easy!!
1. Turn oven onto 300 degrees
2. Grease a 9x13 baking pan with coconut oil
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix sunflower butter, agave, vanilla, and unsweetened almond milk.  Make sure its mixed together well.
4.  Add in GF oats, flaxseed, chia seeds, and protein powder.  NOTE: I added the protein powder in small amounts so it wouldn't overload the mix - it can get hard to stir as you add more ingredients.
5. Finish off by adding dark chocolate chips and cranberries.
6. After mixing all together well, grease up your hands with some more coconut oil so the batter doesn't stick to you.  
7. Plop everything into your baking pan and spread out evenly.
8. Bake in the oven for 18 minutes, give or take a bit.  I checked mine a lot between 15 and 18 minutes.
9.  Wait to cool a bit and cut into squares and set on wire rack to cool off completely.

WHAM.

BAM.

THANK YOU MA'M.


These bars are nutritious and easy to take anywhere! We've just kept ours in a container in the fridge but you could easy leave them out in a container or individually wrap them if you are on the go.  They are perfect with the busy schedules we have here.  

Speaking of busy schedules, other than work, school, and life - meet our newest addition...

Miss Laila Grace.
Isn't.
She. 
Adorbs?

Well, I'm partial, but I like to think so, myself. 

We've been waiting for this little bundle of joy to come home with us for a while now - we found her through a family when she was two weeks old and we were able to visit her every week, just counting down the days!  We feel so very lucky, and tired! Mama is a little low on sleep since last weekend...but its all worth it!

I hope you enjoy my on-the-go treat for you.  I love hearing new recipes for things like this, so please always share if you decide to use this recipe or if you tweak it as well!

For now, enjoy the sunshine and great weather that is yet to come.

Stay Healthy.



Comments

Popular Posts