Back to Normal (ish).

Every time I get back to writing, it has seriously been like, a year. This time, it's been two years.  It's pretty horrible of me, and sometimes I question myself as to why I even have a blog. I love reading others' blogs that have time to write whenever and I always wish that my dedication was right there with them.  Some day!

My previous time commitments have been a bit crazy. But NOW, holy cow -- I can shout it from the mountaintops --

I AM OFFICIALLY A REGISTERED DIETITIAN!

Can you believe it? I can't! I started this blog a long time ago when I decided to head back to school to become a Dietitian.  That was in 2012, and I hit up some part-time classes.  Fast forward to 2018...and yep, we are here. I still tell people that I remember when I decided to do school as a full-time gig.  My advisor handed me my transcripts, only to show that I would graduate in 2017, as long as I kept on track. I didn't think I would make it.  I had a fear that I would want to revert back, stay comfortable, and do what I did well.  Fortunately, I pushed that voice aside. I encourage anyone who has those feelings to do it -- follow your dream! You can't expect perfection, because there won't be any of that.  It's messy.  Real messy. Although I had the best support from family and friends, I struggled.  The time commitment of driving 2 hours a day, working three jobs, and trying to live a life was a little crazy. Then, the program! People, Dietitians are S.M.A.R.T.  I was amazed everyday by my classmates and I definitely did not fall into the top rank. I found that if I worked my booty off, I could excel in school.  And that I did.  Exhausting!

You know what else I can shout from the mountaintops?

I AM MARRIED!




Yes! It's been almost a year (again, I've put this writing off for way too long). I've had so many people ask me how married life is.  Well...it is great! But, not extremely different from before.  I've been with my husband for almost 7 years, which means that you can get used to each other quickly.  Here is the secret, though.  I continue to learn new things about him every single day.  His kindness, how extremely funny he is, and how thankful I am for him.  Truly, truly, amazing.   

My goal here isn't to ramble and have a super long post because I would like to tie things up and do some more eventful posts later.  So, I thought it would be fun to show you some of my favorite things that are happening right now...food, nature, clothes, etc. Ok, let's be honest, it is mostly food related things, because...duh. Links are included for you! :)

Favorite homemade snack: Baked Plantain Chips. They are so easy to make and this one uses guacamole for a dip.  Cannot get enough avocados in my life.  Ever!

Favorite dinner hack: The Zoodle Maker! Really though, have you ever made noodles? It can be very intimidating but once you do it, you figure out what you have been missing.  Plus, it is super easy.  This blog incorporates 30 different ways to use zoodles.  I'm drooling and planning dinner for the weekend already. Here is the spiralizer that we have.  Again, so easy and inexpensive.  You can purchase here on Amazon. 

Favorite Protein Bar: RX Bar. I've tried a lot of bars -- I love some of them, and I don't love some of them.  Regardless, I'm pretty consistent with my intake and these are spot on.  Simple ingredients and a variety of flavors. They can really meet any of your needs with a Sample Pack, Whole 30 Pack, or even a Chocolate Pack (hold up while I go make an order quick...k, back!)



Favorite Protein Powder: PurePaleo Protein Powder. I've been pretty open about how I've dealt with some major autoimmune and tummy issues -- hands down, this is the best protein powder for my body. I use vanilla, but they carry chocolate as well.  Or, you can get unflavored if you don't care for either of those. Also, shout out to the company Designs for Health! They have some stellar products and I am impressed with the supplements I use from their line.
Side note: there are so many protein powders out there, and I believe it is extremely important to find something that works for you. With the plug that if you have questions, ask a Registered Dietitian for help!




Favorite Bedspread: CB2 Kati Pom Pom Bedding.  This should really be more of a "favorite bedroom look", because....because.  It's time for us to upgrade our bedding and after researching up the wazoo, I'm 99% sure we have decided on this.  Also, if someone could just come and make our room look identical, our door is open!
Favorite spot to travel: Tahiti! No link for this one...but so many pictures to share.  We ventured to the beautiful French Polynesian area in the dead of winter for our delayed honeymoon.  It was the best thing we could have done for ourselves after barely spending time together as husband and wife. Here's a snap of what we woke up to every morning. Need I say more?




I have so many other favorites, but I can't share them with you all in one sitting! I would love to hear some of your favorites - your food hacks, your favorite looks, and your go to snacks!

For now friends, I hope you come back to read. I can't promise you it will be this week, but I look forward to it being whenever it is!

XOXO
Ashley












SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts