Strawberry Nut Bread


It’s a Manic Monday, I tell you.  No seriously, do you feel like you have manic days that last into a couple days, and then into weeks? That is how I have felt lately.  Spring semester started back up again.  I thought life would be easy.  I enjoyed a wonderful month off of school – which included moving into a new place with my man, going through the holidays, and just relaxing.  And then, BOOM.  All of a sudden, I am on my computer from 3:30 in the afternoon until 9:00 at night.  And, I’m not pinterest-ing, people.  I’m studying cells, and algebra.  Biology 212 and Math 140, to be exact.  I haven’t touched algebra since my first go around in college, and I’m not much of a science lover – but I have no choice.

To catch you up if you don’t know already, I’m currently getting my second Bachelor’s Degree to be a Dietitian.  I made a life-altering decision to do this about two years ago, and boy…its taking long, and its much harder than I thought it would be!  So hard, but so worth it.  You have to take life by the horns and steer everything into the direction you love so you can live your life to the very fullest.  Every second – every minute – and every hour.  You’ve only got one life to live, right?

Back to reality.  Since all I do is stare at my computer, I’ve really been trying to make small snacks or treats that are easy to transport.  One thing I miss from all of this business is cooking and experimenting.  I just wish I had more time.  Even if you don’t have a lot of time, this Strawberry Nut Bread is a pretty simple and quick bake – a great breakfast, or snack!
The ingredients are quite easy, and I substituted some to make it even healthier.  Bonus!

Strawberry Nut Bread

The day of or day before baking bread, wash and slice strawberries in four pieces.  You can sugar the berries a bit if you would like.  Stevia is a great choice!

Grease two bread pans. 

Mix greek yogurt, eggs and sugar in mixing bowl until thoroughly mixed. 

In a separate bowl add the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg so they are completely mixed together. 

Slowly add to greek yogurt and sugar mixture.

Slowly add strawberries and nuts.






Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.




I deviated a bit and made one bread loaf, and one pan of mini muffins.  I thought it made everything a bit more fun, easy to eat, and cute, of course! Hence the heart plate.  The bread was delicious right out of the oven – and it can last for a while.  You can eat cold or warmed up – great with some butter, or any topping.  Ohhhh…almond butter would be fantastic on this.  I feel like I need to make another go round just to eat that combination. 

If you are not a strawberry fan (what’s wrong with you?!) you could simply add a different berry, or combine multiple! Have fun with it!

Strawberry Nut Bread

  • 3/4 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 whole egg
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 cup fresh strawberries
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)

Directions:     
  • Grease two bread pans (or one bread pan and one mini muffin pan)
  • Wash and slice strawberries in four pieces (Day before or of baking). Sugar the berries if desired.
  • Mix greek yogurt, eggs and sugar in mixing bowl until thoroughly mixed.  In another bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg so every mixes completely.
  • Slowly add above mixture to greek yogurt and sugar mixture.  Slowly add strawberries and nuts
  • Bake at 1 hour; 350 degrees.
  • Cut, slather, enjoy!
Instead of living a Manic Monday again this week, next week, or next month – over and over and over again, think differently.  Realize that life is great. #YOLO

Be Healthy.

A




Comments

Popular Posts