My Fav Blogs to Share!

I feel like I have to reintroduce myself since I've been away for so long. Its been...5 months. And, a long 5 months at that.  I have to apologize for not keeping up with this but some major things got in the way that were much more important in my life. Things that I can't imagine I would be going through.  I'm in the middle of a journey in my life and its not going to be over anytime soon - but when I get to that other side and feel comfortable doing so, I'd like to share with you the details, and how to keep moving on, no matter what slaps you across the face. With that said, I am going to continue my blog and know that sharing my stories and recipes will keep the motivation movin' and groovin'!

During this time away, I have continued to eat healthy especially since I've realized how my body really works in the past year.  I think we've all been through those times where you eat like crap and then you feel guilty and vow to eat better the next day, but then you don't eat well...and over and over and over again.  It feels like you are running in circles, right?  Well, I gave that part up.  I just decided to focus on what is good for my body and if I do eat crappy, I make the choice to keep moving on and realize that wasn't a good choice for me.  

A lot of the ways I do stay healthy is is by keeping up on some fun blogs that are entertaining, educating, and delicious!  I've also taken most wheat and gluten out of my diet and I feel prettty dang good, I'm not going to lie.  No, I'm not going through some freak thing where I think I'm allergic or changing my whole entire life - but Yes, I have realized how it does make a difference when I don't eat gluten.  So, I've focused some of my reading on the Paleo Diet and although you might have to make a couple of changes in your cooking, I would encourage you to try it and see the difference.  I'm also continuously staying active - and although what you eat really makes a huge difference, stay active does too!  Even if I don't feel like running, biking, doing yoga or something else, I'll at least try to get out for a walk to get some fresh air and a clear mind.  Currently, I'm participating in the 20 for 30 Yoga Challenge at Power Life Yoga.  For one, I'm absolutely in love with my yoga studio and secondly, this challenge they are putting on makes me feel so amazing when I finish each and every class, knowing my body is changing in great ways when I do this.

I don't want to keep rambling on about the changes I'm making in my life, because everyone is different and it's YOUR choice to make your own change to feel better.  I wanted to share some of my favorite blogs that I've been following that contribute to the miraculous changes in my life:

Iowa Girl Eats: This is the first food blog I started following four years ago.  From my own state of Iowa, Kristin has fabulous recipes to help her and her husband enjoy new and favorite recipes. A big shout out to her as she is about to become a Mama!

Ambitious Kitchen: Monique keeps me reading as often as I can, for the fun graphics and great new things to try. She throws some gluten-free recipes in there every once in a while too!

Minimalist Baker: Dana (blogger, photographer and baker) and John (techy) have paired up to produce this amazing blog.  The couple are from the Midwest (score!) and give you recipes that are 10 ingredients or less, takes one bowl to prepare and is ready in less than 30 minutes.  Fabulous? Yes.

What's Gaby Cooking: Gaby is a fun and creative blogger who totally believes in eating anything you want, at any time.  She has some great recipes and shares her travel stories along the side.  I recently bought her book Absolutely Avocados and I've learned a lot so far - about all the different types of avocados, different recipes, etc.

Skinnytaste: Gina shares her meals that are very family-friendly, but also low fat, healthy and clean.  I caught on to some great smoothie recipes from her. A must-read  for all year long!

Linda Wagner: Anddd this is where I go to eat really, really clean.  Linda is a Nutrition Coach who believes in eating wholly for the body, mind and spirit.  She also has a program that people can purchase if they need that little nudge to get started :)

With Style and Grace: Lisa shares her story of moving to a gluten-free diet, not by choice.  I just started catching on to this blog recently and I've already decided I love her because of her two favorite things: wine and coffee. My kind of girl!

Yoga Download: You've probably figured out this isn't a food blog - its one of my favorite websites! If I'm traveling or need just some yoga cure at home, I turn this baby on and it can fix anything.  Find the perfect class designed for you! And I just wanted to share it because, well, I love it.

To those of you who do know me personally: Thank You for your love, support, and prayers.  I can't express how much you have helped me through the beginning of my journey.

Be Healthy.

Comments

Popular Posts