Fabulous Green Monster Smoothie
I love smoothies. I do, I think they are delicious, no matter what is in them. And, as much as I really love Dairy Queen's strawberry banana smoothies, those aren't quite as nutritious as I would like them to be.
Green Monster Smoothies Save The Day!! I see a lot of smoothie recipes all over the place these days, especially Pinterest and I have really grown to like them! I want to share a favorite of mine that gives your nutrients, keeps you full, and is delicious!!
What You Will Need: (In order of how I put them in the blender)
- Blender, Magic Bullet, Vitamix - whatever you have. I use my tall cup for the Magic Bullet and its really a perfect amount.
- 2 cups spinach (Yes, people, spinach! For those of you that have already tried it, I know you love it! For those of you that haven't, stop making a disgusted face and try it already. You can't taste the spinach and it gives you some veggies for the day!)
- 1 frozen banana (I cut up my bananas and stick them in the freezer to use in place of ice)
- 1/2 cup Plain 0% fat Greek yogurt (I use Trader Joe's but you could use Fage or Chobani)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetend Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon Almond Butter
- Extras to add if you desire: Cinnamon, a splash of coffee, chocolate protein powder, or strawberries
- Mix all together until bright green!! :) You may need to mix twice to get those banana chunks cut up.
Nutritional Facts (Without anything extra):
Calories: 318 calories - Total Fat: 11.8 g - Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.9 g - Monounsaturated Fat: 7 g - Sodium: 243.7 mg - Potassium: 1177.8 mg - Total Carbs: 39.7 g - Dietary Fiber: 7.1 g - Sugars: 27.3 g - Protein: 19.5 g - Vitamin A: 169.5% - Vitamin C: 57.9% - Calcium: 48.7% - Iron: 23.1%
YUM. I just decided I will be making this tomorrow after my extreme Yoga Sculpt class at Power Life Yoga. Makes for a great weekend. Enjoy!