The appetizer for all!

Well...I had a crazy day yesterday!  Between studying for an upcoming test, trying to get some extra sleep after getting through a sinus infection (who ISN'T sick right now?), staying active and working my part-time job on the weekend, I think I've conquered it all in the past 24 hours.  I was up early for a workout and then headed into a retail store, Calypso 968, where I do wine tastings for this fabulous winery in St. Charles, Iowa.  

Madison County Winery has some great wines (and beers for those who don't prefer to sip on the vino) and I get to take a Saturday or two each month to have fun with those who wander into the store. Check out their website and let me know if you want more info on some of my favorite kinds!


Anywho, my man and I took the evening to go to some friends' house to watch a football game and I was trying to figure out what the heck to bring as a side with no time.  Trader Joe's solved my problem, as usual.  Bruschetta - a famous dish that rocks the house if you ask me!  Under 5 ingredients, this topped my quick appetizer fix.  Check out the recipe below and I hope it rocks your day as well.


Here is what I used - you can definitely mix it up with a different bread or butter if you want:


  • Trader Joe's San Francisco Style Sourdough Boule (Asiago Peppercorn) 
  • Trader Joe's (Giotto's) Bruschetta mix
  • Trader Joe's freshly shaven Parmesan, Romano & Asiago Cheese (You can use any type of parmesan but I was on the cheaper side so I grabbed this one)
  • I can't believe it's not Butter! Spray with Extra Virgin Olive Oil


1.  Oven should be set at broil.
2. The bread will already be slices lengthwise.  I placed it all on a big cutting board and cut the slices up to appetizer slices pieces, moving to cookie sheet (I had to do two different batches on sheet). If you are using a baguette, just cut into slices and you should be ready to go.
2. Spray bread with butter or drizzle lightly with olive oil.
3. Put the bread in oven - check every couple of minutes to not burn the bread.  Lightly toast it.
4. Spoon bruschetta on top of each piece, and sprinkle a little cheese on top (if you can resist popping a few pieces in your mouth...No...Yes, I did do that). 
5. Put full bruschetta back under the broiler to melt the cheese a bit and warm up the sauce.




VOILA!  How easy is that?  It was so yummy and I think the crowd was pleased as well. Note to self: Leave them at someone else's house at the end of a party. I can't keep my hands off of the extras today!

I also managed to pick up TJ's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups to share for dessert.   They are delish!

More recipes and tips to come this week as I am hosting a party this week.  Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts