Breakfast of Champions

I know, I know...I haven't blogged in like, a month.  I've had quite a few things going on that took most of my time up.  My goal with this blog is not to conquer it every day, and maybe not even every week.  It's going to be a slow start up.

Things going on recently have been very medical related.  My Mom's health has not been well and she was in the hospital for 2 weeks.  She couldn't eat, so they ended up putting a port in her for nutrients.  The GREAT part about this is -- she is home!!!!! :)  But the interesting piece of this is that during this time, I have been studying in my Nutrition class what happens to your body when you don't eat.  Basically, your brian starts signaling other parts of your body to be used as glucose...and slowly, other parts of your body break down.  It's called Ketosis. As much and I wish it was not happening to my Mom, it was helping me understand things a lot more with the body.

Let's move on to the main topic of the post today: Post-workout fuel.  I work out a lot in the mornings so I have more energy during the day and can tackle things after work, whether its a list of errands to run, or meeting up with some girls for dinner.  Nevertheless, I am usually starving by the time I get to work and need something pretty filling, but something that won't weigh me down. This past Sunday, I worked out and headed to the hospital and knew I wouldn't want to linger on down to the hospital cafeteria.  So I made myself a tasty treat for the morning that would keep my fullness until early afternoon.


Greek.Yogurt.Is.Amazing.  My roommate and I usually get a lot of Chobani's for the week - this time, I had a large Chobani container so I used some of that and just layered everything on.  As I had hoped for, it did keep me full for a couple of hours and gave me the nutrition I was looking for!

Greek Yogurt Breakfast

  • 6 oz. Greek Yogurt (I used peach chobani this time)
  • Splash of almond milk 
  • 1 sliced banana
  • 1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean Cereal Crunch - Honey Almond Flax
  • Sprinkle of cinnamon
  • Small squeeze of agave

Very easy to assemble!  Layer everything up and you are good to go!  I did mix around the yogurt and almond milk just to make things a little creamier. SO YUMMY and good for you!

Total in this dish is about 300 calories.  Don't let this number scare you away.  I feel like a lot of people don't want to eat something high in calories for breakfast...but this won't tip you over the scale for the day.  It will keep you fuller, longer, which means you can have a small snack late morning.  

Well, I took the day off today -- so I'm off to run some errands, do some cleaning, stop by to see my parents, and then I'm off to celebrate a great friend's birthday a couple hours away for the night.

Until then!

A

Comments

Popular Posts