Fresh Start

I started college this week.

That's right.  I started an online class on Monday, titled FSHN 167 or put more simply, "Introduction to Human Nutrition".  Here's the exciting [and somewhat scary] part: This ain't my first rodeo.

I turn 26 years old in 2 days, and after completing a Psychology degree and holding a job for four years, I've decided to go back to school to be a Registered Dietician. I'm scared out of mind, a nervous wreck, and trying to remind myself that I actually need to sit down in the evening and study instead of having a glass of wine with my girlfriends or worrying about other things.  

I love my current job - I work at a home healthcare agency and I work for one of the strongest healthcare agencies there is right now.  BUT, nutrition and health topics have always caught my eye and I'm constantly living around eating healthy, staying active and doing good things for my body...so now is the time I've decided to pursue it.

I've started my blog because this is going to be an interesting journey that I really want to share with others - more to share what I learn and how I deal with going back to school and holding a job, saving money to do it, still living a normal life, and enjoying it all at the same time.  It's also for motivation; I would regret not going after what I love and living my dream.

So, welcome!  Please - if you are a dietician, a nutritionist, love being healthy or love the topics that I'm hoping to blog about, please leave a post!  I love feedback.

"It's the scary choices that end up being the most worthwhile." - Melissa Joy Kong.

Be Healthy.

Comments

Popular Posts