Gluten-Free Scotcharoos

Well, hello!  I'm in the mood to share a nice tasty morsel with you. I think any sane person enjoys a Scotcharoo. Or two. Or the whole pan! It's funny because we all try to follow a healthy diet but sometimes, you just gotta indulge!

I found a really great recipe for  anyone that is following a gluten-free diet or for anyone that just wants a yummy treat. It's a great switch up from the norm!

What You Will Need:

  • 6 cups Rice or Corn Chex (Sidebar: All Chex are gluten-free. Love!)
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups natural peanut butter (I adore almond butter and want to add that in next time)
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (GF)
  • 2 cups butterscotch chips (GF)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Large round bowl
  • 9 X 13 pan
Start by greasing up your large bowl and baking pan.  I simply use an olive oil spray instead of butter or anything heavy.

In goes the Chex!

On the stove, heat up your corn syrup and sugar and bring it to a boil.  Taking off of the heat and add your peanut butter right away. Only add in 1 1/2 cups at this point.

YUM. I had to keep baking so I wouldn't eat any.

Pour the delicious syrup into the bowl with your Chex and gently fold so you can cover all of those little babies! Then mush evenly into your 9 x 13 pan.

Microwave your 2 cups each of chocolate and butterscotch chips, the remaining 1/2 cup PB and vanilla.  I didn't have a microwavable 4-cup holder so I used bowls.  Whatever works to get the job done!

Microwave for 30 seconds at time and stir each time afterwards.  Watch it - you do not want burnt chocolate! The consistency should be smooth in the end.

PLOP.

And, Smooooooth. Yessss.

If you can hold back, wait until the bars are cool before you cut to dig in.  These were great and easy for my work event the next day and friends devoured them over the weekend.  A possible treat for this upcoming Labor Day Weekend!

I sure hope you enjoy these as much as I did!

Enjoy your week - and other than these, stay healthy.

A


Comments

Popular Posts